- 04.12.2022: GREEN DIET: Panel Discussion
- 29.11.2022: GREEN DIET: Keynote speaker #5: Graham Dodge
- 27.11.2022: GREEN DIET: Presentations of Scientific Papers
- 23.11.2022: GREEN DIET: Keynote speaker #4: Otto Richard Pukk
- 15.11.2022: GREEN DIET: Keynote speaker #1 - Linnar Viik
- 10.11.2022: Dr. Ahmet Esad Yurtsever from Istanbul Gelisim University visited EUAS
- 07.11.2022: GREEN DIET: Keynote speaker #3 - Hendrik Roosna
- 28.10.2022: GREEN DIET: Keynote speaker #2 – Andres Sutt
- 27.10.2022: International education network learns how to teach and study in multicultural environment
- 11.10.2022: International business and education network learned how to practise environmental awareness from Ülemiste City
- 28.09.2022: Introducing the speaker in the academic part of the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Viktorija Priļenska
- 27.09.2022: Introducing the keynote speaker for the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Linnar Viik
- 26.09.2022: Introducing the speaker in the academic part of the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Inga Uvarova
- 26.09.2022: Introducing the speaker in the academic part of the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Marika Eik
- 22.09.2022: Introducing the keynote speaker for the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Otto Richard Pukk
- 21.09.2022: International education innovation project ‘Platform for Co-operation Between Schools and Enterprises’ kicks off at Ülemiste City
- 20.09.2022: Introducing the keynote speaker for the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Hendrik Roosna
- 19.09.2022: The Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences invites you to its Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference
- 08.09.2022: New cohort of Erasmus+ students from the University of Valladolid, Spain
- 23.08.2022: Orientation week for new international students
- 19.08.2022: Meeting with Kanazawa University
- 10.08.2022: The EUAS and Ülemiste City welcomed a delegation from Digital Economy Promotion Agency in Thailand
- 20.06.2022: The international student grabs an Internship at the Hitachi Energy Estonia AS due to Ülemiste smart city Job Shadowing Day.
- 13.06.2022: ERASMUS+ Staff mobility for teaching. Why go on vacation when work is so much more fun?
- 01.06.2022: The project “Educational and Entrepreneurial co-operation in Future City” creates the strong link between modern educational system and future business
- 16.05.2022: Charity opportunities to support Ukrainian students
- 16.05.2022: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarship 2022 for Postgraduate International Business Administration Master's Programme
- 09.05.2022: Arcada University visit dissemination
- 12.04.2022: News for robotics enthusiasts - a new admission for Autumnt Intake to Cleveron Academy has already started
- 30.03.2022: EUAS participated in the international conference of universities of applied sciences.
- 29.03.2022: Joakim Helenius - video recording of the lecture
- 28.03.2022: Scholarships 2022/23 for international students, researchers and academic staff
- 25.03.2022: Scholarship 2022 for Postgraduate International Business Administration Master's Programme
- 21.03.2022: Estonia: international students and grads add record €16m in taxes in 2020/21
- 14.03.2022: Estonian and Japanese students discussed the future of Ülemiste City
- 28.02.2022: We raise 30 million steps for our schools birthday!
- 21.02.2022: Job announcement: Erasmus+ and exchange coordinator
- 14.02.2022: EUAS attended in University of Stavanger visit
- 24.01.2022: 100 free internships: #Road Trip to Ülemiste City Hub
- 14.01.2022: Materials of the Conference „Building the Virus-Resistant Company“
- 10.01.2022: Universities and enterprises: from thoughtful collaboration to more efficient and profitable entrepreneurship
- 06.01.2022: Highly qualified United States expert recommends that now is the time to dive into entrepreneurship!
- 20.12.2021: EUAS hosted a study visit from Thomas More University of Applied Sciences in Belgium
- 29.11.2021: LIVE Webinar: Introduction to EUAS & studying in Estonia 29.11.2021
- 25.11.2021: Film investment Masterclass with Patrick Fischer (UK)
- 24.11.2021: New podcast series by EUAS alumni
- 23.11.2021: Student discounts at MyFitness
- 22.11.2021: Professor Olga Matthias: you have to know how to interact with data
- 18.11.2021: LIVE Webinar: Introduction to EUAS & studying in Estonia
- 15.11.2021: Japanese professor: the future belongs to companies that are changing the direction of their business, not start-ups
- 04.11.2021: Patrick Fischer's Masterclass for Film and Investment Enthusiasts
- 04.11.2021: Emöke Sogenbits: bulletproof due to the crisis
- 02.11.2021: Tarmo Tael: a business continuity journey ensures the development of a company
- 26.10.2021: Web Technician Edward Reeds: I got to learn what is really needed in the field
- 26.10.2021: Film investment Masterclass with Patrick Fischer (UK)
- 14.10.2021: Indian IT student Arpan Dutta on studying in Estonia: I can study what I like here
- 13.10.2021: Through scientific approaches and practices, conference ‘Building a virus-resistant company’ offers opportunities for preventing and coping with crises
- 13.10.2021: EUAS hosted multicultural classroom project partners meeting
- 01.10.2021: EUAS invites to 9th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference
- 02.09.2021: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarship 2022 for Postgraduate International Business Administration Master's Programme
- 30.08.2021: Check out the EEK Mainor app!
- 27.08.2021: Opening ceremony of the academic year
- 17.08.2021: Ülemiste City Future Forum 2021
- 13.08.2021: Call for vaccination against COVID-19
- 07.07.2021: Student Story: Melvin Andulile Mwakitwange
- 25.06.2021: Study centre department opening hours during summer period
- 22.06.2021: The 31st class of the Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences
- 19.06.2021: EUAS Graduation Ceremony
- 14.06.2021: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarship 2021 for Postgraduate International Business Administration Master's Programme
- 14.06.2021: EUAS successfully passed institutional accreditation
- 13.06.2021: Team Plyke won the green deal category
- 31.05.2021: STARTERtallinn programme winners
- 27.05.2021: Guest lecture "The Psychology of Agile Development" by Meelis Lang held on 25.05.2021
- 26.05.2021: EUAS Student Story: Mamta
- 14.05.2021: Distance learning will continue with some exceptions until the end of the spring semester (updated)
- 06.05.2021: LIVE Webinar: Introduction to EUAS & studying in Estonia, 06.05.2021
- 30.04.2021: Changes in the study process will continue until 10.05.2021
- 27.04.2021: Webinar Three Universities Exchange: Entrepreneurship
- 23.04.2021: “Women in Technology”: Faith, Passion and Courage to Help Break Outdated Stereotypes
- 22.04.2021: Virtual conference
- 14.04.2021: Changes in the study process will continue till 25.04.2021
- 05.04.2021: A joint project between EUAS and Oita University in Japan paves the way for cooperation between Estonian and Japanese students
- 30.03.2021: EUAS Student story: Kazuhisa Noguchi
- 30.03.2021: Changes in the study process will continue till 11.04.2021
- 22.03.2021: Japan x Estonia, Global Business Pitch 2021
- 17.03.2021: International Social Entrepreneurship Competition 2021
- 18.02.2021: Public Online Lecture by Sabine Rau-Oberhuber
- 15.02.2021: Changes in the study process since 16.02.2021
- 10.02.2021: Seminar “Japanese Economy, Market Features and Business Culture”
- 05.02.2021: Welcome to our University!
- 29.01.2021: Digital Cleanup Day
- 27.01.2021: Global Game Jam Online
- 27.01.2021: Workshop by Dr. Robin Lincoln Wood
- 09.01.2021: The graduation ceremony for the 30th graduating class from EUAS
- 23.12.2020: Season's Greetings from Rector
- 11.12.2020: Changes in the study process since 14.12.2020
- 20.11.2020: Application deadline is coming soon!
- 31.10.2020: POSTPONED!! Workshop "Cybersecurity for Entrepreneurs"
- 23.10.2020: Future City hackathon
- 08.10.2020: 8th annual EUAS entrepreneurship conference
- 23.09.2020: sTARTUp Gaming 2020
- 16.09.2020: Entrepreneurship conference will be held on 8 October 2020
- 10.09.2020: Achievement of the Year 2019 – Cleveron Academy
- 08.09.2020: Preventive measures to control the spread of COVID-19
- 04.09.2020: Important information and FAQ about the COVID-19 virus situation for student
- 18.08.2020: The future of the gaming industry in Estonia
- 09.07.2020: 2020 best theses and graduates with honours
- 24.06.2020: The Student World Fair
- 21.06.2020: The Lecturer of the Year 2020 title won...
- 20.06.2020: Virtual Graduation Ceremony of EUAS
- 17.06.2020: Graduation in a new way
- 09.06.2020: Study: Ülemiste City has the fifth-largest economy among Estonian cities
According to a recent study, Ülemiste City is ranked fifth behind Tallinn, Tartu, Pärnu and Narva in terms of tax revenue. The 10,000 persons working in the biggest and fastest growing Smart City in Baltics generate more than 1.6bn euros of annual turnover.
According to Kadi Pärnits (in the picture), CEO of Mainor AS, the development of Ülemiste City has been obvious, but an extensive study that would also include historical data as a reference was required for a better understanding of the campus environment as well as the increase in personnel and economic indicators and the development dynamics.
The study conducted by the Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences revealed, for instance, that the nearly 10,000 persons working in the Ülemiste City campus account for 2.42 percent of Estonia’s tax revenue. For reference, this surpasses the tax revenues from Saaremaa Rural Municipality with its 31,000 residents, Viimsi Rural Municipality with its 20,000 residents, and Saue Rural Municipality with its 22,000 residents.
“In terms of tax revenue, Ülemiste City is ranked fifth among the largest cities in Estonia, which means that the economy of Ülemiste City is comparable in size to a separate urban municipality. It is the centre of operations for many of Estonia’s top IT companies that export as much as three quarters of their products, which is nearly 50% more as the rest of Estonia, and accounts almost a third of the entire IT sector export,” Pärnits said.
Ülemiste City has seen rapid development in both the number of people working there as well as their wages. While Estonian residents earned 1,310 euros in average wages in 2018, the businesses in Ülemiste City paid on average 2,093 euros to their employees in the same period. The number of employees and students on the campus has increased by nearly 5,000 in five years – equivalent to the total number of residents in the town of Põltsamaa.
Productivity growth in the businesses of Ülemiste City has outpaced all other regions in Estonia. “For Estonia as a whole, the increase in sales revenues, exports, profits and added value has occurred at the same rate as the increase in labour costs. However, while the factor of increase in the former indicators in Ülemiste City ranged from 2.3 to 3.7 over the period 2014–2018, the factor of increase in the number of employees was 1.7 and the factor of increase in labour costs was 2.1,” explained the author of the study, TaunoÕunapuu (in the picture), researcher at the Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences.
Notably, the increase in Ülemiste City is not only driven by new tenants, but long-term tenants in the campus have also demonstrated growth above Estonia’s average. In 2018, the long-term tenant businesses in Ülemiste City created more than 400 new jobs and their net profit increased more than 15 percent from 2017.
According to Pärnits, Ülemiste City is being developed to create an environment that facilitates success for the people working there. “For talents to blossom, they need an inspiring environment that provides the necessary services, professional development opportunities and cooperation projects, as well as entertainment and a green urban space for a truly enjoyable experience.”
While the current number of employees and students in Ülemiste City is comparable to the city of Võru with its 12,000 residents, the number of people on the campus is expected to double in five years. “But this requires rapid development of public transportation and other infrastructures in cooperation with the City of Tallinn and the Estonian government. A significant increase in the size of the campus to cater for more cars would be infeasible and, consequently, solutions are required for improving public transportation and reducing car traffic,” Pärnits noted.
Economic studies of Ülemiste City have been conducted regularly since 2014. While the focus of the current study is on economic performance, another study, the so-called Ülemiste City Radar, is expected by the end of the month. It will provide an extensive overview of all the other key development factors, including the environment, services, knowledge and community.
The idea behind the Radar was to develop a compact, comprehensible and well-visualised solution for presenting the main trends that characterise the development of Ülemiste City and that can be used for projections. The Radar consists of five categories and up to 50 indicators to create a better understanding of the environment and to translate observations into conclusions.
“Development of the model will make it possible for other cities and campuses of the world to use this ‘tool’ for assessing and developing the attractiveness, sustainability and user-friendliness of their environment. The Radar can help create and implement a vision of a city of the future,” Pärnits said.
- 28.05.2020: Conference “Entrepreneurship and Innovation: How To Avoid Getting Stuck In Today’s World” - Call for Papers
- 22.05.2020: EUAS student story: Fletima Andrianne Dias
- 21.05.2020: Ülemiste City announces a thesis scholarship competition for the development of a future campus
- 13.05.2020: Eric Kwayisi: Alumni story
- 04.05.2020: Study and work organization from May 4
- 22.04.2020: How we are coping at the hostel with the coronavirus crisis
- 21.04.2020: EUAS #StayHomeChallenge
- 17.04.2020: Applicants invited to apply for Ülo Pärnits Scholarship Fund grants
- 08.04.2020: Digital Challenge Accepted
- 26.03.2020: Measures of blocking the COVID-19
- 18.03.2020: ABB scholarship program candidacy
- 10.02.2020: Opening ceremony for the 2020 academic year
- 31.01.2020: Global Game Jam 2020
- 29.01.2020: Public lecture: FLOW is the New Place - Revolution in the Customer Journey