- 04.12.2022: GREEN DIET: Panel Discussion
- 29.11.2022: GREEN DIET: Keynote speaker #5: Graham Dodge
- 27.11.2022: GREEN DIET: Presentations of Scientific Papers
- 23.11.2022: GREEN DIET: Keynote speaker #4: Otto Richard Pukk
- 15.11.2022: GREEN DIET: Keynote speaker #1 - Linnar Viik
- 10.11.2022: Dr. Ahmet Esad Yurtsever from Istanbul Gelisim University visited EUAS
- 07.11.2022: GREEN DIET: Keynote speaker #3 - Hendrik Roosna
- 28.10.2022: GREEN DIET: Keynote speaker #2 – Andres Sutt
- 27.10.2022: International education network learns how to teach and study in multicultural environment
- 11.10.2022: International business and education network learned how to practise environmental awareness from Ülemiste City
- 28.09.2022: Introducing the speaker in the academic part of the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Viktorija Priļenska
- 27.09.2022: Introducing the keynote speaker for the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Linnar Viik
- 26.09.2022: Introducing the speaker in the academic part of the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Inga Uvarova
- 26.09.2022: Introducing the speaker in the academic part of the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Marika Eik
- 22.09.2022: Introducing the keynote speaker for the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Otto Richard Pukk
- 21.09.2022: International education innovation project ‘Platform for Co-operation Between Schools and Enterprises’ kicks off at Ülemiste City
- 20.09.2022: Introducing the keynote speaker for the 10th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference, Hendrik Roosna
- 19.09.2022: The Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences invites you to its Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference
- 08.09.2022: New cohort of Erasmus+ students from the University of Valladolid, Spain
- 23.08.2022: Orientation week for new international students
- 19.08.2022: Meeting with Kanazawa University
- 10.08.2022: The EUAS and Ülemiste City welcomed a delegation from Digital Economy Promotion Agency in Thailand
- 20.06.2022: The international student grabs an Internship at the Hitachi Energy Estonia AS due to Ülemiste smart city Job Shadowing Day.
- 13.06.2022: ERASMUS+ Staff mobility for teaching. Why go on vacation when work is so much more fun?
- 01.06.2022: The project “Educational and Entrepreneurial co-operation in Future City” creates the strong link between modern educational system and future business
- 16.05.2022: Charity opportunities to support Ukrainian students
- 16.05.2022: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarship 2022 for Postgraduate International Business Administration Master's Programme
- 09.05.2022: Arcada University visit dissemination
- 12.04.2022: News for robotics enthusiasts - a new admission for Autumnt Intake to Cleveron Academy has already started
- 30.03.2022: EUAS participated in the international conference of universities of applied sciences.
- 29.03.2022: Joakim Helenius - video recording of the lecture
- 28.03.2022: Scholarships 2022/23 for international students, researchers and academic staff
- 25.03.2022: Scholarship 2022 for Postgraduate International Business Administration Master's Programme
- 21.03.2022: Estonia: international students and grads add record €16m in taxes in 2020/21
- 14.03.2022: Estonian and Japanese students discussed the future of Ülemiste City
- 28.02.2022: We raise 30 million steps for our schools birthday!
- 21.02.2022: Job announcement: Erasmus+ and exchange coordinator
- 14.02.2022: EUAS attended in University of Stavanger visit
- 24.01.2022: 100 free internships: #Road Trip to Ülemiste City Hub
- 14.01.2022: Materials of the Conference „Building the Virus-Resistant Company“
- 10.01.2022: Universities and enterprises: from thoughtful collaboration to more efficient and profitable entrepreneurship
- 06.01.2022: Highly qualified United States expert recommends that now is the time to dive into entrepreneurship!
- 20.12.2021: EUAS hosted a study visit from Thomas More University of Applied Sciences in Belgium
- 29.11.2021: LIVE Webinar: Introduction to EUAS & studying in Estonia 29.11.2021
- 25.11.2021: Film investment Masterclass with Patrick Fischer (UK)
- 24.11.2021: New podcast series by EUAS alumni
- 23.11.2021: Student discounts at MyFitness
- 22.11.2021: Professor Olga Matthias: you have to know how to interact with data
- 18.11.2021: LIVE Webinar: Introduction to EUAS & studying in Estonia
- 15.11.2021: Japanese professor: the future belongs to companies that are changing the direction of their business, not start-ups
- 04.11.2021: Patrick Fischer's Masterclass for Film and Investment Enthusiasts
- 04.11.2021: Emöke Sogenbits: bulletproof due to the crisis
- 02.11.2021: Tarmo Tael: a business continuity journey ensures the development of a company
- 26.10.2021: Web Technician Edward Reeds: I got to learn what is really needed in the field
Web developer, UI/UX designer, system analyst, smart creative, IT project lead, development specialist, smartphone app developer – these jobs are for you if you have studied web technology.
Head of curriculum of software development and web technology at the Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences (EUAS) Inna Švartsman and alumni Edward Reeds know how diverse and important IT is nowadays.
Time to work outside of school
The web technology programme at EUAS is open to both students fresh out of high school as well as adults who are working but have a degree in another field. Classes take place once or twice a month from Thursday to Sunday, allowing students to have a full-time job while studying. Plenty of options are open to alumni upon graduation.
Edward Reeds, who is currently studying for his Master’s degree in medical technology and physics at TalTech, recently graduated with such an education. Born and raised in Tallinn, Reeds worked as a software engineer during his studies and even graduated university six months ahead of others.
“Studies at EUAS were pleasant and valuable. Estonian national universities are more complicated when it comes to the organisation of studies,” Reeds notes, adding that at EUAS, he was able to commit to his studies without having to focus on other challenges.
Technology has been a part of Reeds’ life since the beginning – before enrolling at EUAS, he got a degree in technical and mechanical engineering and studied product development at TalTech. Nonetheless, he felt that he could use some practical skills in IT and business. Thus, the web technology programme at EUAS was the ideal opportunity.
Practice, projects and group work
A major part of the web technology programme at EUAS is project-based work and practice. “We had a 15 ECTS project-based entrepreneurship module, which had great emphasis on group work,” says Reeds. Students learned how to work together – a skill crucial in everyday work. Reeds also pointed out that many lecturers are practitioners who know what skills and knowledge are needed in real work.
Additionally, students must complete an internship at a company during their studies. Several options are available here – students can do their internship at their company of employment or the school can offer internship opportunities in cooperation with other companies. “Of course, students can also independently pick a company they are interested in as long as they meet the internship requirements,” says Švartsman.
Students have a variety of job opportunities upon graduating. According to Švartsman, the most common choices are web development and UX/UI design. Technology companies are very interested in creative and business specialists and smart creatives.
Although we offer applied higher education, our graduates receive a Bachelor’s degree,” says Švartsman. This means that students have the opportunity to enrol in Master’s programmes at other universities. EUAS also plans to start providing Master’s programmes in the near future.
With multiple degrees under his belt, Reeds has dared to dream big, combining three fields close to his heart: IT, medicine and mechanics. “My vision is to create a medical engineering centre specialised in developing solutions. I want to create a springboard for good and exciting ideas and help specialists create modern systems,” he says.
Photo: Karmen Photography
- 26.10.2021: Film investment Masterclass with Patrick Fischer (UK)
- 14.10.2021: Indian IT student Arpan Dutta on studying in Estonia: I can study what I like here
- 13.10.2021: Through scientific approaches and practices, conference ‘Building a virus-resistant company’ offers opportunities for preventing and coping with crises
- 13.10.2021: EUAS hosted multicultural classroom project partners meeting
- 01.10.2021: EUAS invites to 9th Annual Entrepreneurship and Innovation Conference
- 02.09.2021: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarship 2022 for Postgraduate International Business Administration Master's Programme
- 30.08.2021: Check out the EEK Mainor app!
- 27.08.2021: Opening ceremony of the academic year
- 17.08.2021: Ülemiste City Future Forum 2021
- 13.08.2021: Call for vaccination against COVID-19
- 07.07.2021: Student Story: Melvin Andulile Mwakitwange
- 25.06.2021: Study centre department opening hours during summer period
- 22.06.2021: The 31st class of the Estonian Entrepreneurship University of Applied Sciences
- 19.06.2021: EUAS Graduation Ceremony
- 14.06.2021: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Scholarship 2021 for Postgraduate International Business Administration Master's Programme
- 14.06.2021: EUAS successfully passed institutional accreditation
- 13.06.2021: Team Plyke won the green deal category
- 31.05.2021: STARTERtallinn programme winners
- 27.05.2021: Guest lecture "The Psychology of Agile Development" by Meelis Lang held on 25.05.2021
- 26.05.2021: EUAS Student Story: Mamta
- 14.05.2021: Distance learning will continue with some exceptions until the end of the spring semester (updated)
- 06.05.2021: LIVE Webinar: Introduction to EUAS & studying in Estonia, 06.05.2021
- 30.04.2021: Changes in the study process will continue until 10.05.2021
- 27.04.2021: Webinar Three Universities Exchange: Entrepreneurship
- 23.04.2021: “Women in Technology”: Faith, Passion and Courage to Help Break Outdated Stereotypes
- 22.04.2021: Virtual conference
- 14.04.2021: Changes in the study process will continue till 25.04.2021
- 05.04.2021: A joint project between EUAS and Oita University in Japan paves the way for cooperation between Estonian and Japanese students
- 30.03.2021: EUAS Student story: Kazuhisa Noguchi
- 30.03.2021: Changes in the study process will continue till 11.04.2021
- 22.03.2021: Japan x Estonia, Global Business Pitch 2021
- 17.03.2021: International Social Entrepreneurship Competition 2021
- 18.02.2021: Public Online Lecture by Sabine Rau-Oberhuber
- 15.02.2021: Changes in the study process since 16.02.2021
- 10.02.2021: Seminar “Japanese Economy, Market Features and Business Culture”
- 05.02.2021: Welcome to our University!
- 29.01.2021: Digital Cleanup Day
- 27.01.2021: Global Game Jam Online
- 27.01.2021: Workshop by Dr. Robin Lincoln Wood
- 09.01.2021: The graduation ceremony for the 30th graduating class from EUAS
- 23.12.2020: Season's Greetings from Rector
- 11.12.2020: Changes in the study process since 14.12.2020
- 20.11.2020: Application deadline is coming soon!
- 31.10.2020: POSTPONED!! Workshop "Cybersecurity for Entrepreneurs"
- 23.10.2020: Future City hackathon
- 08.10.2020: 8th annual EUAS entrepreneurship conference
- 23.09.2020: sTARTUp Gaming 2020
- 16.09.2020: Entrepreneurship conference will be held on 8 October 2020
- 10.09.2020: Achievement of the Year 2019 – Cleveron Academy
- 08.09.2020: Preventive measures to control the spread of COVID-19
- 04.09.2020: Important information and FAQ about the COVID-19 virus situation for student
- 18.08.2020: The future of the gaming industry in Estonia
- 09.07.2020: 2020 best theses and graduates with honours
- 24.06.2020: The Student World Fair
- 21.06.2020: The Lecturer of the Year 2020 title won...
- 20.06.2020: Virtual Graduation Ceremony of EUAS
- 17.06.2020: Graduation in a new way
- 09.06.2020: Study: Ülemiste City has the fifth-largest economy among Estonian cities
- 28.05.2020: Conference “Entrepreneurship and Innovation: How To Avoid Getting Stuck In Today’s World” - Call for Papers
- 22.05.2020: EUAS student story: Fletima Andrianne Dias
- 21.05.2020: Ülemiste City announces a thesis scholarship competition for the development of a future campus
- 13.05.2020: Eric Kwayisi: Alumni story
- 04.05.2020: Study and work organization from May 4
- 22.04.2020: How we are coping at the hostel with the coronavirus crisis
- 21.04.2020: EUAS #StayHomeChallenge
- 17.04.2020: Applicants invited to apply for Ülo Pärnits Scholarship Fund grants
- 08.04.2020: Digital Challenge Accepted
- 26.03.2020: Measures of blocking the COVID-19
- 18.03.2020: ABB scholarship program candidacy
- 10.02.2020: Opening ceremony for the 2020 academic year
- 31.01.2020: Global Game Jam 2020
- 29.01.2020: Public lecture: FLOW is the New Place - Revolution in the Customer Journey