Erasmus+ programme is an educational programme of the EU which offers the students of European universities an opportunity of doing exchange studies or do a traineeship in another European country and higher education institution or company.
Erasmus+ Student Charter: Erasmus+ exchange student's rights and obligations
- has to be enrolled in the EUAS study programme during the time of applying and have completed at least the first year of the studies by the time the exchange studies start.
- is a citizen of Estonia or a citizen of one participating countries or has an Estonian residence permit;
- before the beginning of the exchange, enter into a written agreement (Learning Agreement) between the host higher education institution and the student's home higher education institution;
- has to be enrolled in the EUAS study programme during their mobility;
- has to have sufficient language skill for studies abroad.
Important to know:
- Erasmus+ traineeship/exchange studies last between 2-12 months;
- It is not allowed to interrupt the traineeship/exchange studies period and resume it later (i.e. you cannot go for two months, come back for three months and then return for two months);
- Exchange studies at hosting university have to be carried out during the following period: starting the earliest on 1 July and finishing the latest on 30 September next year. They also have to take place within one academic year (i.e., not cutting the borders of two distinct academic years, e.g. mobility from January to December is not permitted). Overall, the duration of exchange studies depends on the Academic Calendar of hosting university.
- The host university may not charge tuition fees or any additional fees (course registration, examination fees, etc.) to the exchange student. The student may be charged with small fees, e.g. for insurance, study materials (photocopies, laboratory equipment etc.) on an equal basis with the local students;
- The student's study period abroad will be recognized as a part of the curriculum of EUAS;
- If the student has also passed subjects for which there was no prior agreement, EUAS will decide on the recognition of each completed subject separately;
- EUAS may continue to charge tuition fees to the student, under the agreement between EUAS and the student;
- The student can go both on Erasmus+ traineeship and exchange studies (maximum of 24 months in total and neither period can not be longer than 12 months.
EUAS ERASMUS+ partner universities
All member states of the European Union are participating in the Erasmus+ programme: Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Spain, the Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Poland, Portugal, France, Sweden, Germany, Slovakia, Slovenia, Finland, Denmark, Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, incl. the United Kingdom. Also, the following countries are participating in the programme: Turkey, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
The student can apply for exchange-studies at partner university which has a bilateral agreement with EUAS at student's field of study.
Avans University of Applied Sciences
Transport and Telecommunication Institute
Ekonomikas un kulturas Augstskola
Lycee Tezenas du Montcel (St. Erienne)
Ecole Supérieure de Commerce d'Amiens (Amiens School of Business)
Scholarship and costs
Erasmus+ Exchange Studies
Scholarship and costs 2019/2020 Academic Year
Higher living cost countries
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Sweden,
Medium living cost countries
Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Cyprus, The Netherlands, Malta, Portugal
Lower living cost countries
Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Czech Republic, Turkey
Erasmus+ programme additional support
Students who have qualified for the need-based study allowance (paid by the Estonian state) or special need-based allowance (paid by the university) for the semester before exchange studies, or for the semester of exchange studies, are entitled to additional scholarship of 200 € /month, given they present a proof and application to EUAS Erasmus+ Coordinator. For the need-based allowance, the proof is to be taken by the student him-/herself from the Estonian state portal (name of the file you have to find is written in Estonian "OTSUS"). For the special need-based allowance, the proof about whether the student has been assigned the named allowance is checked by the Erasmus+ Coordinator.
NB! In case the student wants to apply for the Erasmus+ additional support and has qualified for either one of the allowances, there are two possible times to present the proof and application: (1) if allowance was assigned for the semester before exchange studies, then the proof and application have to be presented to EUAS Erasmus+ Coordinator before signing the Erasmus+ Scholarship Agreement; (2) if allowance was assigned for the semester of exchange studies, then the proof and application have to be presented during 30 days starting from the day of being awarded the allowance.
Estonian Government scholarship
Estonian Government scholarship will be paid as follows:
- 400 € - a one-time payment for the students who are going to study at the higher living cost countries.
- 200 € - a one-time payment for the students who are going to study at the medium living cost countries.
- 150 € - a one-time payment for students who are going to study at the lower living cost countries.
Principles regulating paying out the scholarship
- The exchange studies' period (mobility period) is calculated on a per day basis. The beginning and end date of the mobility are certified in the Scholarship Agreement. The actual length of the mobility period shall be certified in the confirmation letter issued by the host university at the end of exchange studies.
- The student will receive 70% of the total EC scholarship before the start of the mobility, and the remaining 30% when he/she has returned to home university, has presented all the end of the mobility documents, and if his/her mobility period has not shortened. The Estonian Government scholarship is paid out fully before the start of the exchange studies.
- In case the dates on the confirmation letter certify the shortened mobility period, then at the end of the exchange studies the student shall receive the smaller amount from the remaining 30% of the European Commission scholarship (depending on how many days earlier the student returned), or if student's mobility shortened significantly, the student is asked to pay back for the overpaid days.
Scholarship and Costs
Higher & medium living cost countries
Denmark, Ireland, France, Italy Austria, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein, Norway, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Spain, Croatia, Cyprus, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Iceland, Turkey
Lower living cost countries
Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Principles regulating paying out the scholarship
- The traineeship period (mobility period) is calculated on a per day basis. The beginning and end date of the mobility are certified in the Scholarship Agreement. The actual length of the mobility period shall be certified in the confirmation letter issued by the hosting enterprise/organisation at the end of the traineeship.
- The trainee will receive 70% of the total European Commission scholarship before the start of the traineeship, and the remaining 30% when he/she has returned to home university, has presented all the end of the traineeship documents, and if his/her traineeship period has not shortened.
- In case the dates on the confirmation letter certify the shortened mobility period, then at the end of the traineeship the trainee shall receive the smaller amount from the remaining 30% of the European Commission scholarship (depending on how many days earlier the student returned), or if trainee's mobility shortened significantly, the student is asked to pay back for the overpaid days.